Malcolm and Patsy Sharing Some Memories With You

Monday, June 22, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple Tour


Oquirrh Temple

McMillian Historical Home

Pam, Patsy & Anita
Today, I joined my friend, Anita and her daughter to attend the open house at the Oquirrh Temple in an area new Riverdale. It is a large majestic temple and has three floors. There is a lot of stone from Egypt on the floors and beautiful accessories throughout. There was a very interesting film telling of the history of the area and some of the settlers of that mountain area. Pam McMullin who went with us shared with us some of her husband's family history of the church and community there. The reception temple at the conclusion was an awesome silk draped tent with crystal hanging lights & , beautiful windows and floor coverings and amazed us all. We enjoyed the self guided tour very much. We finished the afternoon eating at Cafe Rio - a new and delicious experience!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

The temple looks beautiful, I can't wait to go myself! As for Cafe Rio, I'm glad you got to eat there! That restaurant is a favorite for Scott and I.